6 PM - Sewing - The Weekender Bag - meets twice ($65)
Capacity: 4 (100% booked)
This class is Full.
Sewing - Weekender Travel Bag: This is the bag! No really, if you don't want to carry a boring carry-on the next time you go on a wee weekend getaway, you need this bag. You'll find hundreds of pictures of this bag on flickr. Made by people all over the world who swear this bag was made to carry their sewing machine. Why this bag? You'll learn how to make and install cording. You'll sew tons of layers together and come away with something you'll actually want to show your friends. And you'll install one serious zipper.
Limited to 4 students (17 yrs of age or older)
We provide: pattern revisions, heavy-duty needles and lots of expertise
- 1 7/8 yards of 54” wide canvas for the exterior
- 2 5/8 yards of 54” wide coordinating canvas fabric for the lining, handles and bias cut cord cover
- 2 3/4 yards of 20” wide fusible woven interfacing (if you choose a quilting cotton you'll want this to be a stiff weight)
- 2 1/2 yards of 20” wide extra heavy sew-in stabilizer
- 1 sheet of 12” wide x 18” long Heavy Duty Template Plastic
- 5 yards of 6/32” cotton cording
- 30” coordinating plastic or metal teeth heavyweight zipper (non- separating)
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread
- the pattern
If you decide you want to use 44" fabric, you will need at least a half yard more for pockets and piping. Don't forget we offer 15% off all materials for classes.
Class length: 3 hours each session for a total of 6 hours. Second session is on June 25th.
Click here to view our class policies!